Monday, October 09, 2006

Really thinking of spring

I spent a couple of days trying to think up a name for this blog. I finally decided on Spring thinking because of reasons completely unrelated to the actual season of Spring. I had no idea at the time that I would soon be spending so much time thinking about spring of 2007. I have just found out I am pregnant and will be having a baby sometime around the end of May. My first feelings about this were total fear. Jim was out of town and I walked around crying my eyes out for days. I'm really, really scared. I have had three c-sections already and my last baby came 6 weeks pre-mature. I am scared of the whole pregnancy thing beyond words. Jim got out of his trip for a couple of days and came home so we could visit an OB. She was very reassuring about a lot of things, mostly the safety of the baby, but I am very concerned about myself. I have three young children to raise and all this makes me scared. In the end, though, I am very excited about the thought of a new baby in the house in nine months. I just wish we could skip whole the pregnancy part.
I had really intended to use this blog as an outlet to share thoughts on my crafting. Right now I am sewing up a storm for Halloween. I went to Joannes and bought patterns for vampire and princess costumes. My son promptly changed his mind when he realized that I was going to try and make his costume. He was so cute breaking the news to me saying, "Mom, I mean, I don't want to hurt your feelings, but can we just look at the party store to see what they have?" Of course I agreed and bit my tongue at all the yucky, cheap costumes. The princess costume is coming along very nicely. I have such a hard time following patterns and instructions it has been a good lesson in patience. My youngest wants to be a maple leaf. Now I LOVE this idea. I can't wait to get started. I will make the whole thing up myself and I think it is going to come out great. I hope to start on it by the end of this week.

No comments: